Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Youth Ministry Blog

So, I've been doing this youth ministry thing for about three years now, and one thing that I've learned is that from the outside looking in, HYPE Youth Ministries is a pretty confusing jumble of events, people, programs and intentions. There's a lot happening, but few places to actually go to figure out what's happening, when it's happening, why it's happenings - and most importantly - how it all works together.

My prayer is that this would be that place.

The plan is this: I'll let you in to a terrifying and scary place: this inner workings of my youth ministry mind! This is for students, parents, church members, and strange, non Merrill people who randomly peruse blogs and think this one is interesting (is that you? weird...). But here, we'll talk about changes we make - changes we're thinking of making, the reasoning behind those changes, updates, programs, people, events and activities.

I'll do my best to label these posts pretty well - see those colorful labels on the bottom of this post? I  know not everyone cares about every aspect, so if you want to browse just CrossOver topics, or just Core topics, then I'll have some of that for you to use.

I'll start out, over the next few weeks, just trying to highlight our already existing programs and giving a little insight into the way they fit together. Please, email me (dave.e.bondeson@gmail.com - bring on the spam!) or leave a comment if you have ideas, question, fears, or would like to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. After all, that's what this is all about, isn't it?

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment